I.D.C. is a highly qualified technical consulting company without any commercial or political linkages. I.D.C. is control of high level technical competence and independence, also specialised in the development of solutions adapted to individual needs that may well diverge from traditional methods from time to time.
For the operation of its range of services I.D.C. relies on a large number of technical experts who are registered in a personnel data bank with all relevant details. This personnel represents a network of qualified, mainly freelance consultants who cover a broad scope of highly specific technical know-how as well as country and/or project experience.
Almost all of these experts are familiar with I.D.C.'s corporate policy principles and work methods through many years of successful collaboration in different countries. For support in specialised fields, e.g. in research into environment-related problems, socio-cultural and technical contexts, I.D.C. can rely on long-term linkages with internationally recognised technical institutions and/or university facilities whose specialised technical knowledge may be utilised in the development and implementation of optimal solutions.
Furthermore, I.D.C. collaborates closely with local consultants and consulting firms in the relevant project countries. Such co-operation is indispensable for the socio-cultural integration of the project work, but in particular for the sustained promotion of local consulting capabilities and technical competence, and has proven of great value.
Project activities of I.D.C. comprise all stages of international development co-operation, i.e.:
- Identification of development potential and definition of tangible promotion options
- Sector and regional analyses and formulation of long-term development strategies
- Pre feasibility and feasibility studies in accordance with internationally accepted standards
- Detailed technical planning
- Tender procedures and procurement
- Project implementation
- Management support in private enterprises, governmental institutions and private promotion agencies (NGOs)
- Project evaluation and project controlling